I’ve been booked in Korean Air’s 747-8 in late February, which I’m really excited about, though there hasn’t been exact news of when exactly the Korean Air 747-8 started flying.
Korean Air Boeing 747-8 Business Class
Korean Air Boeing 747-8 Seoul Incheon
Well, I’m happy to say that as per FlightRadar24, Korean Air has launched Boeing 747-8 flights to Hong Kong.
What does this mean?
- First class flyers on KE 607/608 take Korean Air’s new Kosmo Suite 2.0
- Business class flyers (like me, in February) get Korean Air’s new Prestige Suites
- Economy class is also refreshed, with bigger screens
Looks like the order of what people want to take is as follows, from best to worst:
- “Prestige Suites” on Korean Air’s Boeing 747-8 (KE 607/608 – on selected dates, choose carefully!)
- “Prestige Sleeper” fully flat beds on Korean Air’s Airbus A330/Boeing 777-200ER (KE 601/2, KE 603/4)
Korean Air Airbus A330-300 Prestige Class
- “Prestige Plus” angled lie flats Korean Air’s Boeing 747-400 (KE 613/614, KE 607/608 when it’s not a 747-8)
Korean Air Boeing 747-400 Prestige Class
I really can’t wait to take the plane in February! It looks like the planes will enter in a staggered fashion – I think it sucks to be one of the people booked in the 747-400s in the middle, though I guess those will be, unfortunately, going soon.